Hot pink breast screening vans are ready to roll through regional Victoria in a cultural outreach hoping to encourage more Aboriginal women to have mammograms.
At each of the seven regional sites, the service will hand out 50 shawls, printed with artworks designed by an artist from their local community. The aim is to provide confidence and security for the women who access the service, and cultural awareness for staff delivering the service.
Dates and locations for BreastScreen Victoria’s screening vans include:
- 30/9 – 4/10 at Dhauwurd-Wurrung Elderly and Community Health Service (DWECH)
- 7/10 – 10/10 at Winda-Mara Aboriginal Corporation
- 14/10 – 18/10 at Gunditjmara Aboriginal Cooperative
- 21/10 – 24/10 at Kirrae Health Service
- 28/10 – 1/11 at Wathaurong Aboriginal Cooperative
- 11/11 – 15/11 at Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative
- 18/11 to 22/11 at Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation.
For more information, visit: https://www.breastscreen.org.au/.Download Audio